Friday, December 17, 2010

eagertones reunion

Spoke with Phil last night, sounds like the show is coming together, it might actually be a big deal and we might actually work hard to make sure we sound good. I like that it's going to be a cancer research benefit show.
I like that it's all ages so maybe my kiddos can come see the old man and his band. Funny thing is, I'm looking forward to the rehearsals more than the actual show. I miss these guys and many big chunks of my life were spent practicing, traveling, recording, hanging out with them. The actual gigs were a small, small part when you add up hours.
Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked that there are people out there who actually remember and/or care about a big-haired, matching-suit-wearing, ramones-worshipping garage-rock-alterna-cowpunk band from the 80-90's. But the actual reunion show concept to me was always kinda lame.
I'd rather we re-banded, recorded some new songs, put out a download on itunes and then played supporting that and save the oldies for the encore. I guess I'll never come to terms with being an over-40 irrelevant musician. Part of me still clings to the optimism and romance of unwrittten songs, new emotional connections with listeners and new towns/venues to explore and infiltrate.
Still, Dudes, I can't wait to rock out with ya'll again.
k

1 comment: